I don’t claim to be an expert book reviewer. In fact, if I had to wager a guess, I bet one would consider me a crap reviewer. If I like a book this would be my review:
“This book hurdled my short attention span and kept me entertained.”
So with that in mind, here is a list of chick lit books that would make my review list.
- Miss Impractical Pants (I just had to give myself a shameless plug)
- The Bridget Jones Empire
- Bridget Jones’s Diary
- Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
- Bridget Jones the Movie – so it’s not a book, but I’m not above watching it two or three or four…or five times a year.
3. The Kinsella Collection
- Confessions of a Shopoholic– I couldn’t bring myself to get through the whole series, but I enjoyed the first one plenty.
- Undomestic Goddess
- Can You Keep a Secret
- Remember Me
- Twenties Girl
- Confessions of a Shopoholic the movie. Again, not a book, but who doesn’t think Hugh Dancy is pretty hot? Anyone? Anyone
- Millie’s Fling by Jill Mansell
- The Little Lady Agency by Hester Browne
- A Rather Lovely Inheritance by C.A. Belmond
- A Rather Curious Engagement
- A Rather Charming Invitation
- A Rather remarkable Homecoming (I actually haven’t read this- I got a little burned out after the Charming Invitation. But I do know people who’ve read it and loved it.)
- Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes by Denise Grover Swank
- Body Mover Series by Stephanie Bond
- Body Movers
- 2 Bodies for the Price of 1
- 3 Men and a Body
- 4 Bodies and a Funeral
- 5 Bodies to Die For
- 6 Killer Bodies
Yes I’ve read them all, and yes I’m still waiting for number 7
There you go, my top-ten—top, only because that’s what came to mind while writing this blog. I’m sorry (kind of), I didn’t give book teasers, but thinking of ten-ish books that fit my stringent review was brutal work. I did, however, link them to their Amazon pages, just because that’s the kind of gal I am.
Say what? There’s only nine listed? Oh, That’s because number ten is so special it warrants its own post. Stay tuned.